Reporting directly to the country/regional Medical Director, the Haematology/Oncology Medical Adviser is responsible for supporting the development and execution of the country/regional Medical Affairs strategy and programs that support the development, commercialization and life cycle management of in-market and future Jazz Pharma products.
Haematology/Oncology is a major strategic driver for the business with significant opportunities in current and future indications, making this role critical to the success of the organisation. As a key member of the country/regional team, the role will demand high levels of cross functional collaboration.
The incumbent has responsibility for ensuring all activities are executed in accordance with regulatory and legal frameworks including but not limited to local, EFPIA, GCP and IFPMA regulations as well as Jazz Pharmaceuticals Policies and Healthcare compliance procedures.
1. Support of country/regional Medical Affairs Team
- Review and critically appraise scientific literature to identify key drivers that differentiate Jazz's Haematology/Oncology medicines and provide support and advice to medical and marketing groups in developing strategy and tactical implementation plans.
- Work closely with the Medical Director to support the development and execution of the country/regional medical affairs strategy, following adaptation of the EU/RoW plans
- Ensure the KOL and educational activities are of a high scientific quality and coordinated
- Provide guidance regarding appropriate speakers for national/international congresses and workshops in order to expand and enhance scientific exchange
- The incumbent will develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of Haematology/Oncology and related scientific literature in order to position him/herself as an expert in the field.
- Contribute to the development of and maintain awareness of the competitive landscape and communicate intelligence to the medical and marketing team as appropriate
- Support creation of training material and other scientific materials in collaboration with marketing and other appropriate internal stakeholders
- Provide scientific education and in-house training for MSLs and Key Account Managers and other appropriate staff as required
2. Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Support the development and implementation of the country/regional medical affairs strategy aligned to commercial growth drivers
- Support development of strategies and programs to ensure internal and external readiness for new product launches.
3. Data Generation and Publication Planning
- Support development of publication plans covering country/regional data generation needs
- Facilitate and support publication of customer initiated data or reviews in line with Jazz strategy
- Cross portfolio liaison with KOLs, investigators and scientists in-region who wish to conduct investigator sponsored or Jazz sponsored studies
- Support the approval and implementation of these projects in line with relevant pharmaceutical regulations and Jazz SOPs as appropriate.
- Support the development and execution of study plans to provide post marketing data to support the portfolio of Jazz Haematology/Oncology products in phase IV, observational and pharmaco-economic studies.
4. External Relationships
- Support development of Jazz positioning as the scientific authority on acute leukemia and transplant complications
- Support development of country/regional KOL advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information via the MSL team
- Deliver non-promotional clinical/scientific presentations relating to Jazz’s portfolio and its development or differentiation as required
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous and consolidate experience of working in an affiliate Medical Advisor role a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of specialty Haematology and Oncology market in Spain and Portugal a distinct advantage
- Experience developing and implementing Medical Affairs plans at a country level
- Experience launching new products, market shaping and launch readiness activities a distinct advantage
- Ability to critically analyse complex data
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Strong inter-personal relationship building skills/collaboration and teamwork
- Experience in establishing strong influential relationships with academic societies
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Strong preference for a Medical Doctor/pharmaceutical physician or
- Graduate with a higher scientific qualification e.g. MSc, PhD or pharmacy etc. and Haematology/Oncology experience
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.