This opportunity is available in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing, and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs.
The Country General Manager for Jazz Nordics will build and work with a small, dynamic team to realize the potential of the evolving Jazz portfolio across the Nordic Markets (Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Iceland). With a focus on our Haematology/Oncology medicines, this role will ensure that we build an enduring and dynamic biopharmaceutical company which commercializes products to meet unmet patient needs in focused areas for the Nordics. This leader will set the tone and role-model to ensure that everything we do is focused on three things: putting patients first, being a great place to work, and living our shared values.
- Accountable for the build-out and growth of the Jazz Nordics business and establish Jazz Pharma as a key player in our areas of disease focus within the Nordic region
- Responsible for leading the Jazz Pharma organization in the Nordics through the creation of customer, market access (pricing and reimbursement), Marketing, Sales and Medical Affairs strategies for the current and future Jazz Portfolio
- Accountable for development of Nordic Operational Expenditure and resource deployment and responsible for financial management within agreed Operational Budgets
- Lead the tactical implementation on business plan through effective cross-functional collaboration
- Be accountable for the Market Access and Sales performance in the Nordics
- Ensure excellence in business planning and effective monitoring of business performance through appropriate use of relevant analytics and metrics to monitor progress and continuously improve performance at National, Regional and Account level
- To lead personally on strategic initiatives with recommended stakeholders and represent Jazz at key events
- Ensure all business is conducted in compliance with internal policies and external regulations
- Anticipate market trends, opportunities and challenges to enable appropriate uptake and share of the Jazz product portfolio across the Nordics
- Identify and propose opportunities to expand sales with existing portfolio and identify local and Regional Business development opportunities.
- Promote a common vision and ownership of Jazz Pharmaceutical values and culture
- Set the tone for the Nordic team across all functions: lead by example, exhibiting the Jazz values
- Build the Jazz Nordic team and develop the capability of the Nordic Commercial and Medical teams
- Ensure the team in the Nordics are directed and supported on achieving agreed objectives and functions as a cohesive unit
- Demonstrate, foster and reinforce the Jazz culture within the region in order to support and drive strong performance with a focus on Excellence and Continuous Improvement
- Working within the ‘Other EU and Partner Markets’ Management Unit, serve as a source of challenge and support for peers and colleagues across the Region and across Jazz
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant track record of cross-functional leadership and line management in a pharmaceutical environment – ideally including some start up experience
- Experience at building and developing teams and individuals
- Deep knowledge of Pricing and Reimbursement mechanisms and stakeholders at National, Regional and local level in the Nordics
- Proven track record in delivering Nordic Market Access and Launch strategies and tactical programs
- Knowledge of Rare and Orphan diseases and track record of successfully leading commercialization in Rare and Orphan disease
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Educated to degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent
- MBA or equivalent desirable
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of “normal” hours, in order to meet business demands.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.