The MSL Manager will manage the team of MSLs to ensure high scientific exchanges and collaboration with opinion leaders and key customers. In this role, the MSL Manager will coordinate the medical activity of the MSLs (scientific projects, staff, evening meeting, educational meetings, speaker selection and follow up, local advisory board, ATU follow up…), ensure a close collaboration with internal stakeholders and a full respect of the compliance rules and regulations (pharmacovigilance, medical information...), develop and coach the MSL (trough appropriate training, congress attendance, preceptorship…)
This role is entirely non-promotional. The main focus is to manage MSLs but also maintain peer-to-peer scientific exchange and relationships with key scientific leaders and cooperative groups.
- To manage and coach the MSLs (annual objectives setting, mid-year and annual reviews, Veeva activity, trainings, Scientific knowledge…).
- To develop MSL plans and regularly track progress.
- To help developing local/National scientific projects with scientific leaders, leading to a productive two-way exchange of scientific information and opinion.
- To partner and collaborate effectively with internal business partners, especially with members of the Medical Affairs team (Medical Director, Medical Associate Director, Medical Advisor)
- To maintain an up to date and high level knowledge of Jazz Pharmaceutical products and the therapy area (post congress – publications – clinical trials…)
- To ensure medical information provided by MSLs, when asked, is ethical, respectful of the customers’ time and local regulations.
- To build and maintain good relationships within the MSL team and foster collaboration with other field based employees – recruit/take actions when necessary.
- To liaise closely with the office based medical team as well as other cross functional teams within Jazz Pharmaceuticals , ensuring good communication and collaboration at all times.
- To help position the Jazz Pharmaceuticals product portfolio within relevant national and local protocols, guidelines and formularies in order to ensure appropriate access to the right patients.
- To attend relevant conferences, congresses and meetings, conduct round table discussions and/or advisory boards and collate competitor activity, as well as providing context on scientific data being presented.
- To help develop local programs, national projects and market access programs to improve and advance knowledge to support HCPs with educational needs and, where relevant, usage of the Jazz Pharmaceuticals product portfolio
- To facilitate the development of investigator initiated studies, and publications and field activities associated with both lifecycle management and pipeline.
- To ensure, at all times, high standards with regards to pharmacovigilance, compliance and working within the scope of all relevant SOPs.
- To ensure adverse events, product complaints and medical information enquiries are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Double visits / coaching
- Monthly report covering performance (time spent on different activities), key insights, key issues, key projects and activities.
- Reports generated following specific activities, such as advisory boards, round tables, conference attendance etc.
- Top KOL Medical Engagement Plan.
- Performance reviews / objectives setting
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Science degree with higher qualifications (MSc/PhD), Pharmacist (PharmD) or Medical (MD) qualification or equivalent OR significant relevant therapeutic area experience (clinical, scientific or academic).
- Good English language skills
- Solid interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license
- Previous medical affairs/field based MSL experience in the pharmaceutical industry,
- Previous experience in a manager role
- Experience in Haematology / Rare diseases
- Thorough knowledge of medicine, treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, customer strategies, and IMC promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines is preferred
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.