Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep, and we are investing in our pipeline and portfolio to deliver therapeutic options for the sleep community.
Primary Objective/ Purpose of Position:
This position will work in the team establishing the Sleep Business Unit outside of the US including the launch of a novel product in the Sleep BU.
This position will lead the sales and marketing functions and be responsible for the development of overall strategy, the business plan, the brand planning process, as well as building the team and representing the Business Unit internally and externally.
A top candidate will feel at home in a fast-paced, agile environment with a start-up business feel, and will be intrigued by venturing into unchartered waters with a team of enthusiastic explorers.
- Build the 100 pers.+ Sleep Business Unit outside the US, guiding the company’s thinking on structure, areas of expertise, work streams, investment, talent acquisition, etc.
- Lead the European launch team and drive product adoption within EMA-approved indications.
- Work with the Global Molecule Team to evaluate and develop additional indications.
- Work with the Business Development Team to assess the strategic fit of other potential assets within the broader CNS space.
- Deploy a multi-pronged approach that engages key centers, thought leaders, patient societies/associations, and other stakeholders and influencers.
- Contribute to and disseminate understanding of trends and best practice.
- Monitor ongoing performance and stakeholder feedback in a robust fact-based business review process and identify opportunities for improvement, focusing on the development of efficiencies and operational improvements, such as administration efficiency, cost control, revenue management, legal compliance and human resource management.
- Manage resources (including budget) across the Business Unit
- Drive successful financial, operational and employee performance results to achieve stated goals for the assigned franchise
- Participate as a member of the European Management Team, providing thought leadership, industry best practices, trends, risks, etc.
- Assess and communicate current and future needs based on analysis of risks, opportunities and priorities. Be able to (1) see the big picture, (2) uncover pivotal issues/opportunities and break them down in a way that is solutions oriented and (3) tells a compelling "story."
- Act decisively and independently, having the confidence and ability to provide clear direction and make decisions (strategic & tactical) without guidance or affirmation (but knowing when to inform/seek leadership buy-in)
- Engage constructively challenge others across all leadership levels.
- Establish clear roles, responsibilities, objectives and metrics for your team members.
- Drive accountability, creating a strong team of leaders which can make decisions and drive project
- Develop people by proactively investing in development of others
- Ensure compliance with company and regulatory policies and requirements.
Relationship Management & Field Operations:
- Work with team members, stakeholders and influencers to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the business across the region and coach and guide team members to increase their effectiveness and overall results
- Ensure your team develops and continuously enhances and applies in-depth therapeutic, disease area, product, supply chain and competitive knowledge
- Ensure you and the team continuously identify, build and cultivate enduring relationships with internal business partners, external customers, stakeholders and influencers
Other duties as assigned include, but not limited to, projects and initiatives relating to Pricing, Mergers and Acquisitions, and other corporate level functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (business or life sciences discipline). MBA or related graduate-level business degree is strongly preferred
- Ten or more years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, with five or more years’ leadership experience, including 2 or more years’ field management experience
- Senior role in at least two different functions in the pharma/biotech industry (e.g. Marketing, Market Access, Sales, Medical Affairs, Training)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated cross-functional leadership
- Experience hiring, developing and retaining talent
- Considerable experience within the broader therapeutic area (CNS), including product launches.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to ascertain the relevant issues from large masses of information
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills, demonstrating flexibility, proven ability to deal with complexity under time pressure
- Business analytical skills, i.e., ability to (1) translate key insights into strategy/tactics and (2) identify, understand and communicate (at a high level) key drivers of performance
- Experience and effectiveness in the presentation of written and oral business cases to the most senior Management, up to and including Board level
- Experience leading teams through new product launches
- Passion for helping patients and for developing a team
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.