The Senior Financial Accountant will play a key role in the Finance Team which is responsible for the preparation of the monthly management accounts, key management information, financial analysis etc. and assist with preparation of statutory financial statements
Key focus areas for the role will be:
- Preparation of accurate monthly management accounts (including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash flow statement and analysis) to tight deadlines.
- Assist the preparation of annual and quarterly financial accounts in accordance with US GAAP and with supporting schedules.
- Preparation of key management information to a high standard and perform financial analysis with meaningful insights as required.
- Support local accounting requirements as necessary.
- Maintain general ledger and preparation of trial balance.
- Provide assistance and guidance to the accounts payable team to ensure the smooth processing, coding and payment of invoices.
- Maintain proper and accurate books of accounts including as appropriate Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets, accruals and prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany transactions, payroll and all other records required to comply with Irish and US GAAP.
- Disposition of reconciling items arising from account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly analyses including flux analysis, foreign exchange analysis and aged receivables and payables etc
- Assist with annual statutory audit and preparation of statutory accounts
- Liaise with external auditors as appropriate.
- Work individually and as part of a team to generate efficiency in the IT systems, utilising the ERP and consolidation systems to their full potential
- Maintain appropriate SOX process and control documentation, ensuring the proper design and execution of internal controls and assists in the coordination of SOX control
- Preparation and review of general ledger metrics and key performance indicators
- Other ad hoc duties/projects as may arise
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- ACA,CIMA or ACCA qualified accountant
- Experience of and competence in using MS Office, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Fluent English is required
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Experience of accounting software packages, in particular Microsoft AX 2012, an advantage
- Previous experience of operating in a multinational environment desirable
- Experience in the pharmaceuticals industry would be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in a European language would be an advantage
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of “normal” hours, in order to meet business demands.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.