Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company with a mission to improve patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercialising meaningful products that address unmet medical needs, with haematology as a major strategic pillar for the company. Defitelio, as the first and only approved treatment for sVOD, is the embodiment of this mission.
Reporting to the Brand Director - Haematology, and as a principal partner in the brand team, the successful candidate will be responsible for strategic and operational marketing plans in EU / RoW, will be required to act as the Product Champion responsible for effective collaboration with key stakeholders to shape a compelling brand vision and for communicating that vision with passion and energy inside and outside the company.
The role demands good leadership qualities, resilience, high levels of cross functional collaboration and an ability to work strategically and operationally.
- Lead on the development of specific EU / RoW marketing tools, promotional and non-promotional materials and programmes to optimise product performance and market opportunities:
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams in Oxford, affiliate sales, marketing and medical teams to develop effective tools
- Ensure all materials are programmes are reviewed and approved in accordance with Jazz Pharmaceuticals standard operating procedures
- Maintain up-to-date expertise and knowledge in the therapy area through self-learning, by obtaining regular feedback from regional teams, KOLs, from market research and other business intelligence sources
- Act as a Product Champion driving effective collaboration with key stakeholders, and by communicating a compelling brand vision with passion and energy inside and outside the company
- Actively collaborates with country teams to build relationships, trust and two-way communication to ensure commitment and alignment to strategy and the allocation of resources
- Work with other team members and affiliates to organise international congresses and symposia
- Through mapping and networking, the Product Manager will be an active member of the team in building strong international KOL relationships.
- Embrace Key Account Management philosophy to effectively support the effective cross-functional account management within central and regional functions
- Support affiliates and EU / ROW teams to gain meaningful insights to understand the needs of HCPs
- Understand the challenges in specific key accounts and work with the regional teams to develop appropriate tools with clear guidance on utilisation.
- Developing tailored content based on segmentation and adoption
- Commitment to support affiliate activities in Key Accounts
- Further build the reputation of Jazz Pharmaceuticals as a credible partner in haematology across the EU / RoW region
- Ensure credibility and professionalism in all product communication activities and materials
- Build collaborative relationships with key opinion leaders and relevant medical societies
- Act as an ambassador for Jazz Pharmaceuticals following our mission of improving patients’ lives by living our core values of integrity, passion, collaboration, innovation and the pursuit of excellence.
- Operate within agreed budgets ensuring optimal investment of promotional resources.
- Monitor and analyse the impact of activities within the promotional mix in order to maximise effectiveness
- Work with the finance team to ensure that planned expense estimates are accurate and regularly updated to reflect any deviations from plan
- Manage agencies and contractors effectively to ensure high quality outputs and value for money
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven track record in international pharmaceutical marketing including regional brand strategy planning and execution, insight generation and brand differentiation
- Oncology, haematology or Orphan Drug experience
- Previous experience in Market Research, marketing excellence and multi-channel marketing
- Previous launch experience in an above country role
- Previous successful experience in a pharmaceutical sales role
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and inspirational
- Ability to develop strong relationships with a diverse set of individuals and groups
- Ability to influence and generate commitment from others without direct authority through a solid understanding of stakeholders' needs and motivations
- Strong project management skills to meet deadlines and drives projects forward by demonstrating tenacity
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a cross-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal/ communication skills to interact with Healthcare Professionals and colleagues in 1:1 and group settings
- Attention to detail and ability to understand, interpret and explain clinical data
- Works well and delivers under pressure
- Proven experience in working cross culturally, ideally having had roles located in multiple countries.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Life Science preferred)
- Further education in marketing or management an advantage – ideally an MBA
- Fluency in English – other languages a strong advantage
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of “normal” hours, in order to meet business demands.
This role is based from our modern offices in Oxford and attracts a salary of £75k – 80k + bonus + benefits.
Closing date for applications is 5th August 2018.
Posting date 6th July 2018.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.