Reporting directly to the country/regional Medical Director, the Haematology/Oncology Associate Medical Director is responsible for supporting the development and execution of the country/regional Medical Affairs strategy and programs that support the preparation, launch and eventual in market commercialization of CPX-351 (VYXEOS).
The Jazz mission is to bring meaningful medicines to patients with high unmet need. The field of Acute Leukaemia is a major strategic driver for Jazz with significant opportunities for CPX-351 in current and future indications, making this role critical to the success of the organisation. As a key member of the country/regional team, the role will demand high levels of cross functional collaboration and customer orientation.
The incumbent has responsibility for ensuring all activities are executed in accordance with regulatory and legal frameworks including but not limited to local, EFPIA, GCP and IFPMA regulations as well as Jazz Pharmaceuticals Policies and Healthcare compliance procedures.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Country/regional Medical Affairs launch of CPX-351:
- Work closely with the Medical Director to support the development of the in country launch strategy and programs for CPX-351, ensuring internal and external launch readiness
- Review and critically appraise scientific literature to provide support and advice to medical and marketing groups in developing strategy and tactical implementation plans.
- Ensure HCP and educational activities are of a high scientific quality and standard
- Provide guidance regarding appropriate speakers for national/international congresses and workshops in order to expand and enhance legitimate scientific exchange
- The incumbent will develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of acute leukaemia and related scientific literature in order to position him/herself as an expert in the field.
- Contribute to the development of and maintain awareness of the competitive landscape and communicate intelligence to the medical and marketing team as appropriate
- Support adaptation of EU/RoW training material and other scientific materials in collaboration with marketing and other appropriate internal stakeholders
- Provide scientific education and in-house training for MSLs and Key Account Managers and other appropriate staff as required
- Providing advice and support on compliance, including interpretation of the Code of Practice and, as a final signatory, ensuring ethical promotion of Jazz Pharma‘s products and activities
- Providing strategic input into local brand planning process to ensure medical and scientific credibility and the optimal use of data for competitive product differentiation
- Lead and coordinate congress reporting and summaries, collect data on competitors and market development and communicate to the marketing & sales team as appropriate after launch
- Support preparation of tailored clinical data packages for advisory boards, investigators and other key opinion leaders’ request to deliver scientifically credible messages regarding CPX-351
- Cross-functional collaboration:
- Input into local Regulatory strategies and input into local documents. Support Int. Regulatory Affairs with coaching and communication with health authorities.
- Work in collaboration with and under direction of Regional MD to support Global PV, ensure local SOPs are in place and that all obligations in PV are adhered to
- Support local reimbursement and NUB procedures
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of German, Austrian, Swiss and Polish health care politics
- Data Generation and Publication Planning:
- Support development of publication plans covering country/regional data generation needs
- Facilitate and support investigators, who wish to conduct investigator sponsored, collaborative or Jazz sponsored studies in line with Jazz strategy
- Support the approval and implementation of these projects in line with relevant pharmaceutical regulations and Jazz SOPs as appropriate.
- Support the development and execution of study plans to provide data to support the portfolio of Jazz Haematology/Oncology products in phase IV, observational and pharmaco-economic studies
- . External Relationships:
- Support development of Jazz positioning as the scientific authority in acute leukaemias
- Support development of country/regional KOL advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information
- Deliver non-promotional clinical/scientific presentations relating to Jazz’s portfolio and its development or differentiation as required
- Develop strategic partnerships with AML KOLs/protocol leaders to ensure that Jazz portfolio is appropriately positioned in treatment guidelines and protocols through the provision of balanced, scientific information.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to critically analyse complex data
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Strong inter-personal relationship building skills/collaboration and teamwork
- Knowledge of specialty Haematology and Oncology market in country a distinct advantage
- Experience developing and implementing Medical Affairs plans at a country level
- Experience launching new products, market shaping and launch readiness activities a distinct advantage
- Experience of working in an affiliate Medical Affairs role a distinct advantage
- Experience in establishing strong influential relationships with academic societies
- Excellent command of spoken English
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Strong preference for a Medical Doctor/pharmaceutical physician or Graduate with a higher scientific qualification e.g. MSc, PhD or pharmacy etc. and Haematology/Oncology experience
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.