This position provides GCP compliance support to Jazz therapeutic area and clinical study teams under the direction of the Sr. Manager, Clinical Compliance. The key activity of the role is providing expertise and guidance regarding regulatory requirements, GCP guidelines and Jazz Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the conduct of clinical studies.
The position will utilize a risk-based strategy to prioritize compliance support for clinical activities, identify and escalate compliance issues, enable decision-making, and support the development and execution of effective and comprehensive action plans to address quality and compliance risks. The Manger, Clinical Compliance serves as an important conduit to the broader organization to ensure a culture of quality and compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide quality leadership and direction to Jazz R&D stakeholders on GCP related activities/issues and act as GCP expert/consultant for R&D colleagues.
- Act as Clinical Compliance member of clinical study teams for relevant Therapeutic Areas.
- Develop strong relationships with R&D personnel across functions and teams providing coaching and compliance guidance as needed.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in conducting ongoing risk assessment of clinical trial activity in order to identify: priority studies, compliance metrics for tracking, high-risk vendors, and key compliance activities (i.e. protocol review, vendor evaluations, inspection readiness).
- Identify and escalate significant quality and compliance issues to the Head of Clinical Quality & Compliance and relevant leadership, including the assessment of serious breaches.
- Participate as member of Contract Research Organization (CRO)/Vendor governance teams for assigned Therapeutic Areas/Studies.
- Establish relationship with CRO Quality Team member for the ongoing review of quality and compliance issues.
- Participate in vendor evaluations as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) as needed.
- Support clinical teams/functions in drafting responses and CAPAs to internal and external audit findings.
- Provide support and guidance for Jazz Quality Management System activities including self-reporting deviations, root cause analysis and CAPA plan development and evaluation.
- Identify and anticipate trends in quality issues and collaborate with functional management to ensure risk-managed solutions are implemented in a timely fashion.
- Maintain high level of expertise in international GCP regulations and internal Policies and Procedure that may impact drug development.
- Provide support and guidance during and following internal audits and external regulatory inspections (as required)
- Provide expertise and consultative guidance on business initiatives involving systems, processes, procedures, regulations and tools intended for use in clinical trial conduct and/or regulated drug development activities
- Lead / manage inspection readiness activities and ensure project teams are trained and prepared for regulatory inspections.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of academic, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience, with at least 3 years in a quality assurance/regulatory compliance position.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of drug development and the clinical trial process.
- In-depth knowledge of current regulatory and ICH GCP requirements and experience with international regulations, guidelines and standards is required. Working knowledge of GLP requirements is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Life sciences is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to influence others and gain commitment.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial and fast paced culture.
- Must be disciplined, detail oriented and able to multitask and work efficiently and independently.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with various internal business partners.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Highly developed problem solving skills and the ability to resolve difficult conflicts.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.