The primary objective of this role is to partner with the Employee Communications Leader and team, Human Resources team and managers/leaders across the organization to bring Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ mission and values to life for employees to help drive results, increase enterprise value and assist in attracting & retaining talent. The position will play a role in delivering upon an employee communication strategy for the global organization.
This role will interact and work closely with:
- HR Colleagues – collaborate on development and delivery of employee communications in support of company events, programs and employee experience
- Executive/Senior Leadership – partner in the development and execution of company meetings and employee communications
- Investor Relations & Corporate Affairs – partner to ensure alignment of messaging and activity for corporate events (i.e. M&A activity, press releases, clinical and brand milestones, organizational changes, etc.)
- Engagement & Communications Forum – partner with site representatives to ensure the proper localization and cascading of communications
- Employees – partner with employees at all levels across the organization to drive alignment and support the execution of employee communication initiatives.
- Work closely with the Employee Communications Lead, Head of Talent Management and Head of Employee Engagement and D&I, to execute upon our multi-year strategy for employee communications.
- Individual will serve as the primary point of contact for employee communications across our European operations and will partner with local executive/senior leadership on local events and communication needs (i.e. newsletters, local town halls, etc.)
- Partner with the extended team to drive both short- and long-term plans for the Employee Communications function, including change management and communication, corporate intranet, employee All That Jazz meetings, and other employee events as appropriate and needed.
- Lead the writing/creation of communication materials, maintenance and development of internal channels including the intranet and editorial calendars.
- Identify audiences and appropriate vehicles for delivering key messages throughout the organization; assess effectiveness of existing vehicles; develop and implement solutions to improve reach and usage, including launching new channels as necessary.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders, leadership, and employees across all levels.
- Work across projects and with European site leaders to ensure communication issues are identified and addressed.
- Develop and support leadership communication plans while collaborating with cross-functional and cross-company teams.
- Coordinate major company events, meetings and calls to help communicate company information to employees.
- Track and measure the success of internal communications efforts.
- Assist in the execution of the employee communications strategy in support of merger and acquisition activity.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in life science industry preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; strong presentation skills
- Experience in strategic and tactical uses of communications to enhance business success
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Judgment and discretion.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner to employees.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners, engendering trust, commitment and tangible results.
- Strong Experience in Microsoft Suite of Products
- Exceptional customer focus and unwavering integrity.
- Embraces and operates in sync with Jazz Pharmaceuticals Values
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- BA/BS with 2 or more of relevant experience in a multi-national internal/employee communications setting
Description of Physical Demands
- Ability to travel as needed, within the US and Europe. During certain intervals, travel may be significant.
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.