Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercialising meaningful products that address unmet medical needs, with haematology/oncology as a major strategic pillar for the company.
Jazz EU / RoW aspires to be the company that delivers ‘best in class’ congress and events for Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) that supports their education. These activities are /and will continue to be significant programmes that help establish Jazz as a valued partner in haematology.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Jazz sponsored haematology congresses and HCP programmes for EU and RoW (global, ex US). In partnership with the brand teams, they will be responsible for developing and executing congress and event plans for the haematology portfolio to support the brand goals, and for developing enduring programmes and materials so content is available after the event.
The role demands strong project management, leadership qualities and high levels of cross functional collaboration.
- Lead the development and implementation of the haematology congress and HCP event plans to deliver enduring world-class education and HCP engagement across EU and RoW (global, ex US).
- In collaboration with the brand teams and based on robust market insights, develop key priorities for EU / RoW congress and HCP programmes
- Lead the development and implementation of the congress and HCP event plans to support agreed priorities
- Lead the development and implementation of materials and programmes to ensure congress and event activities are enduring, and the content is available after the meeting or event has finished
- Monitor the implementation of the plan to ensure execution is both efficient and effective and provide corrective solutions where necessary
- Ensure all internal and external materials are programmes are reviewed and approved in accordance with Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ standard operating procedures
- Optimisation of JAZZ exhibition stand space and corporate meeting rooms
- Partner with medical societies and congress organisers to agree JAZZ activities and the appropriate level of support
- In conjunction with the Brand Teams, and Congress & Events Manager, develop stand design, stand content, materials and corporate meeting room content in line with European, local and Jazz regulations
- Act as the champion for JAZZ activities at HCP congress and stand-alone events in EU / RoW responsible for effective collaboration with key stakeholders to shape a compelling vision, and for communicating that vision:
- Build high performing partnerships with cross-functional teams in Oxford, affiliate sales, marketing and medical teams
- Collaborate with country management teams to build relationships, trust and two-way communication to ensure commitment and alignment to strategy and the allocation of resources
- Assess the need to harmonise Jazz congress and national HCP event activities across EU / RoW
- Participate in congress and HCP event development initiatives at the global level
- Further build the reputation of Jazz Pharmaceuticals as a partner in haematology across the region:
- Lead JAZZ EU / RoW engagement and partnership with relevant medical societies
- Ensure credibility and professionalism in all educational activities and materials
- Build collaborative and productive relationships with key opinion leaders
- Management of one full-time Congress & Events Manager
- Demonstrate high-impact coaching skills in support of employees’ competency and career development goals; take a keen interest in employee development
- Build and sustain an environment that fosters accountability, passion, commitment and employee engagement
- Operate within agreed budgets ensuring optimal investment of resources:
- Deliver effective financial planning and control in the preparation and execution of the HCP education plan.
- Work with the finance team to ensure that planned expense estimates are accurate and regularly updated to reflect deviations from plan
- Manage agencies and contractors effectively to ensure high quality outputs and value for money
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven background in the delivery of HCP Congress & Education initiatives, ideally in oncology / haematology or orphan drug arena
- Expertise in Pharmaceutical Product Management or in developing and executing Congress and HCP programmes within a medical communications agency
- Ability to engage with, and build strong partnerships with medical societies and KOLs in the development and implantation of programmes
- Strong leadership, people management and project management abilities
- Proven ability to 'partner' successfully with broad cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentations to large groups and attention to detail
- Coaching skills to support employees’ competency and career development goals
- Works well and delivers under pressure
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Life Science preferred)
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of “normal” hours, in order to meet business demands.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.