Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing, and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs.
The Jazz Country General Manager, Spain is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to position Jazz as a leading and valuable partner with internal and external stakeholders.
The General Manager will engage with his team members to ensure a compliance culture with a clear responsible communication.
The General Manager will establish long term relationships with the National Health policy stakeholders, the Pricing and Reimbursement committees and the Pharmaceutical industry groups
This position will act as the strategic Market Access Lead for the country, developing and executing market access strategies with the relevant tools and tactics in close collaboration with the HQ Pricing and Reimbursement, Market Access team.
This individual will be an active partner to ensure that all employees embed Jazz Pharma values in their daily activities.
The General Manager will input in the headquarter strategy and will ensure proper alignment and execution of the medical affairs, marketing and commercial departments’ respective strategies.
The General Manager has full accountability on the design and implementation of the country activities.
1. Effective leadership in a responsible and compliant manner
- Responsible for an established compliance culture for the country and ensuring that all business activities are in line with company policies, procedures, local guidelines and legislation. Actively engages with in-country teams to train, assess, monitor and ensure positive responsible communication.
- Manage key customer relationships and actively develop new business opportunities
- Manage the day to day operations with various functional managers to ensure the operation is running efficiently
- Coordinate with other internal departments to ensure efficient and effective operational and governance processes are in place for all functions operating in the country
- Direct country-specific activities that feed into regional and corporate planning processes, including annual budget plans, work force planning and similar processes.
- Provide leadership and team direction in the areas of: talent management, talent acquisition, succession planning, labour relations, and employment law.
- Lead the development of cross functional collaboration among key internal stakeholders. Provide local and regional leadership of G&A, operational, commercial, medical, quality, supply, and R&D teams (PV, Regulatory and Development) staff.
- Demonstrate, foster and re-enforce the Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ culture and Values. Work towards making Jazz a great place to work
- Effective decision making process: demonstrate a successful decision making acumen in difficult situations. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as directed by company management
2. Ability to drive Jazz’s strategic plan and define the operational plan
- Responsible to work with various business functions based in-country to establish country-specific strategies for future growth of company business.
- Develop annual business plans for country and monitor through quarterly reviews
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain talented people to deliver on the country’s strategic plan.
- Design, structure and train field-based employee teams (commercial, medical and reimbursement)
- Coordinate Jazz’s approach to our customers within the geography, aligning resources and operational teams with a key account management approach
- With the country medical director define the medical affairs plan and ensure compliant execution in line with Jazz’s global philosophy i.e. Support a medical affairs approach which aligns both with the EUROW region and globally
- Develop and own a KOL engagement plan, coordinating efforts among functions to improve medical education and the scientific knowledge associated with Jazz’s portfolio.
- Ensure that all KOL engagement activities, from commercial field visits to medical education programs, are aligned with corporate strategies and executed in a compliant manner
3. P&L management and accountability
- Meet financial targets P&L for the company and to ensure company value growth
- Develop and gain approval for the country budget for the coming year
- Track and manage OPEX budget by cost centre and GL code in line with the approved budget
- Track, explain and manage variances versus plan
- Develop and deliver on the company’s strategic plan in the most effective and compliant manner
4. P&R pathways expertise
- Develop the long term plan and implement innovative programs that lead to optimal pricing, access, and reimbursement for Jazz Pharmaceuticals products
- Foster and maintain relationships with key national payers and pharmaceutical industry groups
- Vigilantly monitor the competitive landscape and business models, proactively adapting to emerging trends in the reimbursement and drug pricing landscape in the country, quantify risks/opportunities and make recommendations for action
- Work collaboratively and effectively across an internal matrix (including working closely with the EU/RoW Market Access and Health Economics Team) and with a network of expert consultants at the national level.
- Ensure that all country activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures.
5. Operate in a matrix management
- Foster an environment of strong collaboration across the local, regional and global organizations.
- Develops focused, aligned and integrated cross-functional business plans and contingencies aligned with the Global Strategy
- Establish short, medium and long term objectives, and sets adequate operating plans for all key functions (P&R, Market Access, marketing, medical and sales, finance, customer service and supply).
- Ability to drive multiple work streams within different therapeutic areas, working with direct reports and shared services departments
- Knowledge of Rare and Orphan diseases and track record of successfully leading commercialization in Rare and Orphan disease
- Significant track record of implementing Key Account Management as a cross functional approach (Medical, marketing and Sales) in important accounts
- Deep knowledge of Pricing and Reimbursement mechanisms and stakeholders at National, Regional and local level.
- Proven track record in delivering Market Access and Launch strategies and tactical programs
- Possess a willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Experience at building and developing teams and individuals
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to, negotiate and engage with a wide range of audiences;
- Fluency in English
- BA/BS degree required.
- MBA or post graduate degree preferred
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.