Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
• Responsible for co-ordinating the development of the Jazz Pharma Market Access Strategy and Tactical plans in UK&I for the current, and future, Jazz Portfolio
• Accountable for the development and delivery of agreed tactical programmes to support the brand strategies for payers in UK&I incl.
• Working cross-functionally to gather payer insights and synthesise evidence needs to support market access in UK&I
• Working in a matrix to anticipate market trends, opportunities and challenges to enable appropriate uptake and share of the Jazz product portfolio
• Manage internal processes related to Market Access and co-ordinate the activities of external agencies as required
• Management of agreed elements of customer strategies through effective cross-functional collaboration in a Key Account Management matrix
• Accountable for development of Jazz Pharma Market Access Operational Expenditure
• Responsible for financial management of Market Access budgets within agreed Operational Budgets
• Monitor progress in order to continuously improve Market Access business performance and tactical execution for Jazz Pharma UK&I at a National level and Account level
• Ensure excellence in Market Access business planning and effective monitoring of performance through appropriate use of relevant analytics and metrics
• Foster the establishment of Jazz Pharma as a key player in our areas of disease focus within the UK&I markets
• Active member of the UK&I management team, which is accountable for the growth of the Jazz business in UK&I
• To take a personal lead, as directed, on access initiatives with external stakeholders
• To represent Jazz externally, as directed, at relevant external events: it is expected that the incumbent will establish and develop professional working relationships with external stakeholders and some opinion leaders
• Ensure all business is conducted in compliance with internal policies and external regulations
• Promote a common vision and ownership of Jazz Pharmaceutical values and culture in UK&I
• Demonstrate, foster and reinforce the Jazz culture within the UK&I in order to facilitate, support and drive strong performance with a focus on Excellence and Continuous Improvement
• As part of the Management team help to set the tone for the UK & Republic of Ireland team: lead by example, exhibiting the Jazz values
• Build the Jazz UK&I Market Access capability and help develop the Market Access capability of the of the wider UK&I team
• Be a highly visible, deeply-engaged leader working closely with the UK&I KAM and MSL team
• Lead and/or participate in agreed cross-functional projects as business needs dictate.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Significant track record of Pharma Market Access management
• Can point to evidence of successfully managing access programmes for relevant HaemOnc/Rare/Orphan medicines in the England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
• Has evidence of personal ability to systematically assess the market access landscape and identify the needs of market access stakeholders across the geography
• Will have inspiring stories of having collaborated with sales and medical teams in achieving great results
• Can demonstrate, through real examples, their ability to collaborate across functions – using the wider organizational matrix to best serve the needs of patients and external stakeholders
• Track record of External Stakeholder engagement in relevant areas of medicine in the UK & Republic of Ireland markets
• Experience of managing external agencies and Market Access consultancies
• Proven track record in delivering brand strategies, customer strategy and tactical programs in specialized areas of medicine; experience in Haem/Onc is highly desirable but not essential
• Knowledge of Rare and Orphan diseases and a track record of successfully delivering payer-customer strategy and market access in Rare and Orphan disease areas in the UK & Republic of Ireland
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
• Educated to degree-level in Biological Sciences or equivalent
• MBA or equivalent desirable
Description of Physical Demands
• Responsibilities may require working outside of “normal” hours, in order to meet business demands.
• This role is office-based and it is expected that the incumbent will be in the field, working with stakeholders at least 40% of the time; the role will also involve participation in internal and external stakeholder meetings and significant travel to National and International Congress attendance
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.