Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Financial Accountant will play a key role in the Finance Team which is responsible for the preparation of the monthly management accounts, key management information, financial analysis etc. and assist with preparation of statutory financial statements
Key focus areas for the role will be:
• Preparation of accurate monthly management accounts (including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash flow statement and analysis) to tight deadlines.
• Preparation of annual and quarterly financial accounts in accordance with US GAAP and with supporting schedules.
• Preparation of key management information to a high standard and perform financial analysis with meaningful insights as required.
• Support local accounting requirements as necessary.
• Maintain general ledger and preparation/review of trial balance.
• Preparation of bank reconciliations.
• Provide assistance and guidance to the accounts payable team to ensure the smooth processing, coding and payment of invoices.
• Maintain proper and accurate books of accounts including as appropriate Revenue Recognition, Fixed Asset Management, accruals and prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany transactions, payroll and all other records required to comply with Irish and US GAAP.
• Disposition of reconciling items arising from account reconciliations.
• Preparation of key management information on a monthly and quarterly basis including budget versus actual variance analysis.
• Liaise with FP&A to provide business-focused insights to management (for example revenue flash report, management report etc)
• Prepare monthly analyses including flux analysis, foreign exchange analysis and aged receivables and payables etc
• Assist with annual statutory audit and preparation of statutory accounts
• Liaise with external auditors as appropriate.
• Work individually and as part of a team to generate efficiency in the IT systems, utilising the ERP and consolidation systems to their full potential
• Maintain appropriate SOX process and control documentation, ensuring the proper design and execution of internal controls and assists in the coordination of SOX control
• Preparation and review of general ledger metrics and key performance indicators
• Other ad hoc duties/projects as may arise
• ACA,CIMA or ACCA qualified accountant
• Experience of accounting software packages, in particular Microsoft AX 2012, an advantage
• Experience of and competence in using MS Office, in particular Microsoft Excel
• Previous experience of operating in a multinational environment desirable
• Experience in the pharmaceuticals industry would be an advantage
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Fluent English is required
• Fluency in a European language would be an advantage
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.