Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ Information Technology (IT) department is seeking a Manager, IT Business Intelligence focused on partnering with EU Commercial and Global Finance to develop data analytics and reporting capabilities. In this hands-on role, this individual will need to have strong business acumen, deep analytic skills, the ability to understand complex data models, and the technical skills to deliver dashboards and reports. This individual must be capable of interfacing with all levels of the organization to achieve success.
- Partner with EU Commercial (Sales operations, sales, marketing) and Finance (FP&A & Accounting) teams to understand key business questions, interpret business requirements and develop reports and data solutions to further business insight.
- Analyze business requirements and develop functional and design specifications that enable the delivery of new reports and metrics.
- Design effective visualizations and key performance indicators that provide meaningful insights for managing the business.
- Work collaboratively with partners to develop and maintain data definitions, business process diagrams, data flow diagrams, and other essential documentation.
- Work collaboratively with IT teams, internal business partners and external vendors to identify data opportunities,implement key projects and provide production support for data related processes
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have at least 7 years of experience analyzing pharma commercial and financial data.
- Must have strong business acumen, data analytics skills and be able to deeply understand financial, order to cash, and pharma commercial business processes to develop meaningful and insightful reports and data solutions.
- Must have the ability to read and understand data models and entity relationship diagrams.
- IT and/or business experience working in the pharmaceutical, biotech or healthcare industry, particularly within professional services or consulting sectors, is highly desired.
- Must have experience with using SQL.
- Must have experience working with various types of visualization and reporting solutions (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects, and/or Qlikview).
- Experience with Oracle, MS SQL Server, or other databases required.
- Experience with SAP BW, Analysis for Office and Design Studio is a plus.
- Experience with Alteryx, Pipeline Pilot, Snaplogic or other data preparation tools is a plus.
- Must possess excellent communication (oral and written) and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding and dynamic work environment
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field (business, computer science)
- Demonstrate and model Jazz values.
- Direct and honest in communication and feedback
- Demonstrates consistency between words and actions
- Develops and sustains cooperative productive partnerships
- Demonstrates passion for the job, organization and company
- Demonstrates strong accountability for results, performance, standards and continuous improvement
- Open to new approaches and embraces change
Description of Physical Demands
- Position requires frequent travel to Oxford, United Kingdom
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
- Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.