Reporting to the Europe and Rest of World (EU / RoW) Brand Director for Vyxeos, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading and implementing significant elements of the EU / RoW (global, ex US) plan that support the preparation, launch and commercialisation of VYXEOS.
Vyxeos is the first therapy to successfully demonstrate statistically significant improvement in overall survival and response rate in a pivotal Phase III trial in high-risk AML (Acute Myeloid Leukaemia). Vyxeos’ approval and availability is eagerly anticipated by the clinical community.
The Jazz mission is to bring meaningful medicines to patients with high unmet need. The field of Acute Leukaemia is a major strategic driver for Jazz with significant opportunities for Vyxeos in current and future indications, making this role important to the success of the organisation.
The successful candidate will lead on the development of a variety of EU / RoW marketing and educational tools, promotional and non-promotional materials and programmes to support the Key Account Management approach to optimise product launch and market opportunities. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the approval and implementation of specific programmes and materials, both pre and post launch.
The successful candidate will act as a Product Champion through effective collaboration with key stakeholders, and by communicating a compelling brand vision with passion and energy inside and outside the company. They will also work closely with affiliates to ensure alignment and quality implementation of marketing plans and strategies.
Lead on the development of specific EU / RoW marketing and educational tools, promotional and non-promotional materials and programmes to optimise product launch and market opportunities:
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams in Oxford, affiliate sales, marketing and medical teams to develop and implement effective tools
- Ensure all internal and external launch materials and programmes are reviewed and approved in accordance with Jazz Pharmaceuticals standard operating procedures
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of AML, including the competitive landscape, through relevant scientific literature, obtaining regular feedback from regional teams, KOLs, from market research and other business intelligence sources.
Act as a Product Champion driving effective collaboration with key stakeholders, and by communicating a compelling brand vision with passion and energy inside and outside the company
- Actively collaborates with country teams to build relationships, trust and two-way communication to ensure commitment and alignment to strategy and the allocation of resources
- Work with other team members and affiliates to organise international congresses and symposia
- Through mapping and networking, the Snr Product Manager will be an active member of the team in building strong international KOL relationships.
Embrace Key Account Management philosophy to effectively support the effective cross-functional account management within central and regional functions
- Support affiliates and EU / ROW teams to gain meaningful insights to understand the needs of HCPs
- Understand the challenges in specific key accounts and work with the regional teams to develop appropriate tools with clear guidance on utilisation.
- Developing tailored content based on segmentation and adoption
- Commitment to support affiliate activities in Key Accounts
Further build the reputation of Jazz Pharmaceuticals as a credible partner in haematology (specifically AML) across the EU / RoW region
- Ensure credibility and professionalism in all product communication activities and materials
- Build collaborative relationships with key opinion leaders and relevant medical societies
- Act as an ambassador for Jazz Pharmaceuticals following our mission of improving patients’ lives by living our core values of integrity, passion, collaboration, innovation and the pursuit of excellence.
Operate within agreed budgets ensuring optimal investment of promotional resources.
- Monitor and analyse the impact of activities within the promotional mix in order to maximise effectiveness
- Work with the finance team to ensure that planned expense estimates are accurate and regularly updated to reflect any deviations from plan
- Manage agencies and contractors effectively to ensure high quality outputs and value for money
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven track record in pharmaceutical marketing, ideally in an international role
- Oncology or haematology / Orphan Drug experience a distinct advantage
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and inspirational
- Experience of product launch and market shaping activities a distinct advantage
- Ability to develop strong relationships with a diverse set of individuals and groups
- Ability to influence and generate commitment from others without direct authority through a solid understanding of stakeholders' needs and motivations
- Strong project management skills to meet deadlines and drives projects forward by demonstrating tenacity
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a cross-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with HCPs and colleagues in 1:1 and group settings
- Attention to detail and ability to understand, interpret and explain clinical data
- Works well and delivers under pressure
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Life Science preferred)
- Further education in marketing an advantage
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of “normal” hours, in order to meet business demands.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer